EMERGENCY DISPATCHER – APPLY HERE
STARTING SALARY: $46,791
JOB TYPE: Full Time
LOCATION: Jackson, Teton County, WY
- Age 18
- Education High School Diploma or GED
- Pass the typing proficiency, multi tasking and written tests and oral interview
- Show proof of a valid driver’s license
- Complete a thorough background investigation
- Submit to a polygraph examination, psychological evaluation and a medical exam
- Answers emergency and non-emergency calls from the public requesting emergency services; determines the nature priority, location, and number of necessary units to respond to the call; dispatches and maintains accurate status and location of units; refers calls not requiring dispatch to appropriate recipient.
- Operates radio, telephone system, computer aided dispatching software (CAD), GIS, and mapping software.
- Enters warrants, restraining orders, and other paperwork into National Crime Information System (NCIS) and databases; notifies other agencies of wanted, missing, or endangered persons.
- Participates in state, program, and administration mandated trainings, certifications, and continuing education programs.
- Researches drivers licenses, plates, criminal backgrounds, contact numbers, previous addresses, and outstanding warrant of subjects.
- Supports the relationship between the Teton County staff and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with community members, visitors, and County staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Health, vision, dental insurance
- Wyoming law enforcement retirement (20 year plan)
- Option to contribute to 457b Deferred Comp plan
- Life insurance
- Paid time off – vacation, holiday, sick and comp time
- Use of the Recreation Center and the Town/County exercise facility
- Access to bus and ski pass reductions
The position is 24/7 and requires shift work (i.e., nights, holidays, and weekends), with twelve hour shifts. Successful applicants are asked to sign a two (2) year commitment.
Personnel without current Wyoming certification will be required to attend and pass the Public Safety Communications Basic Course. Lateral candidates may transfer their certification if approved by POST.
To be considered for this position, an application must be completed and arrive at the TCSO prior to testing dates. See the remaining 2019 testing dates and applications due dates below. Acceptable methods of delivery are; Mail (POB 1885, Jackson WY, 83001), Fax (307-732-7131), Email (email@example.com), and Hand Delivery (180 South King, Jackson WY).
Testing dates and application deadlines for 2019 are:
Application due by December 5 @12:00 December 11, 2019 testing day
The next hiring process will occur on Wednesday, December 11 at 08:00 hours. The testing includes a typing proficiency assessment (40 wpm with 85% accuracy required), followed by a test in multi tasking and a written exam. Performance on the above tests determine if you will be scheduled for an oral interview. Oral interviews will be conducted in the afternoon. Applicants will receive additional information about the testing and interview once applications are received and qualifications are verified.
Tour the Communications Center
Come tour our Communications Center before testing with us. A tour allows you to see the area in which you would work, sit with a current Emergency Dispatcher, observe their work, and ask questions of them. There is no better way to truly understand and evaluate the position. If you are interested, please contact our Communications Manager, Riclyn Betsinger, to schedule a tour. She can be reached via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come work for our multi agency, multi jurisdiction Communications Center. As an Emergency Dispatcher for Teton County Sheriff’s Office, you will answer administrative and 911 calls and dispatch the appropriate resources to assist citizens and visitors of Teton County, working with Jackson Police Department, Jackson Hole Fire/EMS, Teton County Search and Rescue, Grand Teton National Park, and other local, state, and federal agencies. Our center consists of four stations with sixteen budgeted positions which include Communications Supervisors and Master Dispatchers. You will work with Zuercher Cad system, Intrado, Motorola, Verint, GIS, WYCats, Web EOC, MIR3, Wyolink and be certified in ICS
You must be able to answer, evaluate and prioritize incoming emergency and non-emergency phone calls on multiple phone lines. Clearly and calmly question callers to determine their location and the nature of their problem(s) or request(s) to determine the type of response needed. Operate computer aided dispatch system with speed and accuracy to document telephone, radio, field activity and create calls for service. Operate radio and paging equipment to dispatch the appropriate law enforcement and/or other first responder field units to routine and emergency requests for service.
The starting salary range for the Emergency Dispatcher position is $46,791. Once field training is complete, a salary bump to $47,961 is received. Salary for lateral (experienced) applicants will be determined after experience and qualifications are examined and verified.
Teton County Sheriff’s Office
PO Box 1885
Jackson, Wyoming 83001