Online Instruction for CFP Applicants
Listed under the Criminal Justice Information Services; Concealed Firearm Permits
- All applications are available online and must be completed before you apply at your local Sheriff’s Office. This includes new/renewal permit applications and duplicate applications.
- Completely fill out the form you intend to use, print 4 copies and take these to the Sheriff’s Office in the county where you reside. At least 2 copies need to be notarized.
- For new applications make an appointment with the Teton County Jail to have your fingerprints taken. To make an appointment go online to www.tetonsheriff.org.
- You must include the application fee along with the application in the form of a money order or cashier’s check made out to DCI or WY Attorney General’s Office. We do not accept Cash, Credit Card or Personal Checks.
- The fees are as follows:
- New Applications – $64
- Renewal Applications before the expiration date – $45*
- Renewal Applications after the expiration date – $55*
- Duplicate permit application – $5.
* You may apply for a renewal six months before your expiration date, but no earlier than that.
* Renewals are considered late after the permit expiration date. You can only apply for a late renewal up to 6 months after the expiration date. After that a new application and fees are required.
6. Please consult with your local Sheriff’s Office to inquire about their fees which will be separate from the DCI fees. $10.00 cash for a new permit and $5.00 cash for a renewal.
7. Once all applications are submitted to the Sheriff’s Office you will be provided a copy to be taken to a Wyoming DOT Driver’s Services office to have your picture taken for the permit. This must be done within 5 days of your application. Do not proceed with the picture process until you have applied at the Sheriff’s Office.
8. Processing times may take up to 60 – 90 days depending on volume. Once the permit is completed, it will be sent to the Sheriff’s office for distribution. The Sheriff’s Office will contact you.
Questions or concerns may be directed to CFP@Wyo.gov or 307-777-7181
- _____ 4 copies of application; 2 notarized.
- _____ 2 copies of your finger print cards for new applications
- _____ Cashier’s check or money order made out to DCI or WY Attorney
- _____ $5 or $10 cash
- _____ For new applications, firearms class certificate.