Sgt. Clint Frome
The Teton County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications open Detention Officer positions. No experience necessary!
The successful Detention applicant can become part of a key component in the Justice System and enjoy a rewarding career in law enforcement. A Detention Officer must have integrity, an attitude of service, and an ability to listen and communicate well with others. The Detention Officer’s duty’s cover a wide range of activities including, overseeing and care of inmates, many public services, being able to think and act clearly, appropriately, and professionally in tense situations, using computer and technological skills, working well with and caring for the safety of co-workers, being fit to handle physical challenges, and being mentally sound. A person with a good personality and disposition, that is willing to train hard to obtain the necessary skills for the job, is willing to polish acquired skills and obtain new skills through on going training, and is looking for a challenging and rewarding career, come join our team and see what the Teton County Sheriff's Office has to offer!!!!
Detention candidates will start with the physical agility testing which will begin at 0730 on June 27, 2013. Please arrive at the Sheriffs Office at 180 South King Street on time. Written testing will be administered for those that successfully pass the physical agility testing at 1000. Those that successfully pass the written testing will move on to an oral board on June 28.
Detention Salary starts at 39,224 per year, plus benefits.
Minimum job qualifications are as follows:
- Education: High School or GED equivalent.
- Show proof of being 21 years of age.
- Show proof of a valid driver's license.
- Pass a physical agility test. Must maintain good physical fitness while employed with the Teton County Sheriff's Office.
- Pass an oral interview by a review board consisting of departmental personnel and community representatives.
- Complete a pre-investigative questionnaire, personal history statement, medical history statement and produce required documents on a document transmittal sheet with a signed release giving access to personal and confidential information.
- Sign a "conditional offer of employment"
- Submit to a polygraph test and a written and oral psychological evaluation.
- Complete a full background investigation with submission of your fingerprints for Federal, State and local clearances.
- Pass a physical and medical exam by a doctor of our choice.
Detention Officers are required to attend the Wyoming Law Enforcement Academy in Douglas Wyoming within 1 year of employment. The training is 8 weeks in duration and certifies you as a Detention Officer.
Currently the detention center operates on a 12 hour schedule with 3 shifts on and 4 days off, then 4 shifts on and 3 days off.
County benefits include: 80 hours of paid vacation per year, (120 hours at 5 years, 160 hours at 10 years); 10 paid holidays per year; medical insurance; paid Wyoming retirement (county contributes 11.25 % / employee 5.95%) and life insurance.
Successful applicants are employed on a probationary status for a period of one (1) year.
Applications may be obtained at the Teton County Sheriff's Office or you can print an application on the link below.
Application deadline is June 24th, 2013. Applications must be returned by mail only, please do not fax your application.
The Teton County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Teton County Sheriff's Office
PO Box 1885
Jackson, WY 83001
Attn: Sgt. Clint Frome
Phone- 307 733 2141
Fax- 307 739 9326