- How Do I...
- Apply For
- Concealed Weapon Permits
Concealed Weapon Permits
Online Instruction for CFP Applicants
Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation
Listed under the Criminal Justice Information Services; Concealed Firearm Permits
- All applications are available online and must be completed before you apply at your local Sheriff's Office. This includes new/renewal permit applications and duplicate applications.
- Completely fill out the form you intend to use, print 4 copies, and take these to the Sheriff's Office in the county where you reside. At least 2 copies need to be notarized.
- For new applications make an appointment with the Teton County Jail to have your fingerprints taken. To make an appointment go online to www.tetonsheriff.org.
- You must include the application fee along with the application in the form of a money order or cashier's check made out to DCI or WY Attorney General's Office. We do not accept Cash, Credit Card, or Personal Checks.
- The fees are as follows:
- New Applications - $64
- Renewal Applications before the expiration date - $45 (see the Before Expiration Note)
- Renewal Applications after the expiration date - $55 (see the After Expiration Note)
- Duplicate permit application - $5
- (Before Expiration Note) You may apply for a renewal six months before your expiration date, but no earlier than that.
- (After Expiration Note)Renewals are considered late after the permit expiration date. You can only apply for a late renewal up to 6 months after the expiration date. After that, a new application and fees are required.
- Please consult with your local Sheriff's Office to inquire about their fees which will be separate from the DCI fees. $15 cash for a new permit and $5 cash for a renewal.
- Once all applications are submitted to the Sheriff's Office you will be provided a copy to be taken to a Wyoming DOT Driver's Services office to have your picture taken for the permit. This must be done within 5 days of your application. Do not proceed with the picture process until you have applied at the Sheriff's Office.
- Processing times may take up to 60 to 90 days depending on volume. Once the permit is completed, it will be sent to the Sheriff's office for distribution. The Sheriff's Office will contact you.
Questions or concerns email The Wyoming Concealed Firearm Permit Program or call 307-777-7181.
- _____ 4 copies of application; 2 notarized.
- _____ 2 copies of your fingerprint cards for new applications
- _____ Cashier's check or money order made out to DCI or WY Attorney General
- _____ $5 or $15 cash
- _____ For new applications, firearms class certificate.